Slink and 2.3.xx (fwd)

Just on a whim I tried out the kernel PNP support in Linux 2.3.16 in hopes
of getting my opti931 sound card working with ALSA. I'm currently stuck
with 4front's OSS due to having a drive on the tertiary IDE chain (Kernel
support for the 931 hoses that interface at least with my system)

Anyway.. Turns out both packet filtering and PPP are in another complete
rewrite. AND the ALSA can't initialise my card even with kernel PNP or
isapnp going. But I was curious. Has anyone on this list been keeping up
with the development kernels and has gotten any one of these working?

-- Ferret no baka