Re: installing

Soul Existance wrote:

> Hey, hey, first time user, long time admirer... I got your
> newest version of debian, and it wants me to partition my
> hdd... i have a win98 sys, and i partitioned 3.6gig just for
> linux. is it going to mess up my dos partition by
> partitioning to linux native and swap the 3.5 to the sizes i
> need? i have way too much stuff on my 10gig partition to
> just dump it. All help is appreciated. «§Öùl»

Welcome to the wonderful world of the penquin.

If your drive is already partitioned, you shouldn't have a
problem. Go ahead and creat your linux native and swap in the
empty partition. If your're really concerned about makeing a
mistake and screwing up your disk boot section, don't use lilo
(although it works great) until you feel comfortable. Select
"boot  from floppy" rather that "boot from hard dirve" during
the installation. You can always change it later.

John

P.S. you're better off sending email to this list as text.
Many users use mail agents that don't recognize mime.