Re: 2.2.* on slink

On Fri, 10 Sep 1999, Mario Olimpio de Menezes wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Sep 1999, Pete Harlan wrote:
>

> > Appletalk disk-serving to our Macs stopped working around 2.2.10 or
> > so.  I went back to 2.0.37 and it works again.  The above URL didn't
> > mention netatalk.  It's the only thing we noticed breaking when using
> > 2.2 with slink.
>
> IPX also has a bug that prevents me to use 2.2. with my slink. I'm using
> 2.0.38 on the machine that needs IPX support and 2.2 in the rest.

I'm experiencing a weird problem with NFS and Mount getting very verbosy,
when using kernel 2.2.x. For the truth of the matter, I did not try
2.2.12, which someone told me that may fix it, I'm not quite sure about
it. Up to now, no one's given the right way of fixing this problem. I've
already upgraded all libraries, mount, nfs, and dependencies, but I'm
still getting the same warning about the compiled version of mount being
older than the kernel. Thus, I'm sticking with 2.0.36 for now. In fact, I
may wait for a new debian-package and update the system as a whole
(unfortunate).

- ro'.
 Rogerio Abreu de Paula
 Graduate Student