console-apt's interface to dependency information

Does anyone know if there are plans to make console-apt deal with
presenting dependency information to the user in a way analogous to that
of dselect?

Right now, the UI basically seems to ignore such information, and
depends on apt-get (or the equivalent library) to `automatically' make
everything kosher, but this behavior is *really dangerous*.  I managed
to screw up my system by deleting just a few packages, and it took
dselect to fix things.

Dselect's behavior -- detecting dependencies and conflicts, and
confirming them with the user *as soon as he tries to mark a package for
addition/removal* is infinitely easier to deal with.  It presents any
unintended consequences in a very concise and easily digested way, and
makes it very easy to cancel the action if they are too severe.

I agree with those who say that dselect is a bit clunky; console-apt is
at least a lot prettier (having the entire screen available for
showing the package list is great -- just changing dselect to do that
would be a great improvement!).  But as it stands, it seems too
dangerous to use except for the simplest changes...

-Miles
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche