Re: Potato with StarOffice 5.1

Ian is experiencing a similar problem when attempting the /net install. He successfully
completes the network install using the /net argument. When attempting to do
a user installation using <install dir>/bin/setup, the same problem occurs where
the installation script hangs upon clicking 'Complete'. Looking at the output
from ps on another vc indicates multiple setup processes with one or more being
defunct. These processes must be killed to regain X. I have just confirmed that
behaviour by attempting the net install myself. I was successful running setup
/net, but when attempting to perform the user install the install script hung
with the described processes present. BTW I was logged onto the machine as root
via xdm for the net install and as a normal user for the user install.

Thanks for your help,

Jason