Debian 2.1 installation problems

Hi,

I'm having lots of problems installing Debian 2.1, which are related
to the installation program; I use the the "Custom" option in the profile
list and then I select 4 or 5 profiles to use.

The installation begins normally, but after few packages it hangs
due to a failure in some install-scripts: so I run dselect and remove
the packages that caused the installation hang. Then I select again
[I]nstall into dselect, but the installation restart from scratch,
instead to restart from the point it has arrived. Not only,
but the install program Unpack and Replace packages which has already
been installed, instead of skipping them.

This kind of problems repeats too many times during the installation!

Another thing, during the installation I've seen on the other console
a very strange behavior: typing 'df' will show that the space
available on the disk doesn't decrease below a certain number,
and then it increases again. Maybe that it depends by temporary files
created during installation?

bye,
	Alberto Vecchi