Kernel-2.2.1 and Routing
I am running slink. I recently decided to change the kernel
from 2.0.36 to 2.2.2 from the .deb in slink.
Ever since I have been having problems of the following
1. Network connections are OK: I can connect to the outside.
2. However, when it boots up I see the message ( twice )
SIOCADDRT : invalid arguments
3. Shortly thereafter I get messages like 18.104.22.168 send an
invalid ICMP error to a broadcast.
4. I am running another linux box, with the same network files,
but slink with 2.0.34. Everything is OK here.
5. I have tried hard, but I have not succeeded in stopping this
error message. I see there is some documentation about
changes in routing in the new kernel, but I have not found
it very helpful. I tried running tcimpinfo, that wasn't
Any hints as to how to proceed will be greatly appreciated.
Department of Chemistry
Ohio NOrthern University
Ada, OH 45810