Re: HD activity

Thorsten Manegold wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I seem to remember, that this was asked before, but can't find it in
> the list-archive:
>
> 1) What causes the HD activity every 3 seconds? That
> way powersaving will never take effect.

I remember that string somewhat.  I think they were talking about
"MARK"  Although MARK doesn't run every three seconds on my machine,
maybe every 20 minutes or so.  Cron is another thing that initiates jobs
periodically and will make your hardrive churn.  You can check to see
what process are accessing your HD with a program like "xconsole" or
take a look at your /var/log/syslog file.

hth,
kent