offtopic: reading Usenet via email?

Hello:

Is there any type of service where I can subscribe to particular
newsgroups via email?  For example, I frequent the newsgroup
alt.guitar.amps, and I think it would be nice to have all of the
alt.guitar.amps traffic forwarded to me via email, and I could read it
as a mailing list (as I do with the debian-user list, for example).
The only real reason I'd like this is to have one piece of software
for reading news and email (e.g. gnus, which I didn't like too much).

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Garman, garman@students.uiuc.edu