Re: PPP problem

John Hasler wrote:

> ktb writes:
> > Jun  6 09:40:51 www chat[223]: _K^M
> >         : C^?NNECT 115200^M
> >         : _e|c^?^?e t^? I~ter~ut ^ubra^?^?a^M
>
> What UART does this machine have on the modem port?  If it is not a 16550
> you should not accept pppconfig's default speed of 115200.  Run pppconfig
> again and set the speed to 57600 or 38400.
>
> --
> John Hasler
> john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)
> Dancing Horse Hill
> Elmwood, WI

The UART is 16550A.  I tried changing the UART as you suggested anyway
but nothing.  I'm getting no response from the modem.  I'm thinking the
modem is just bad.  It seems to me that I should at least hear the modem
trying to dial most of the time.  The opposite is true.  I've only heard
it try to dial a couple of times out of the dozens of tries.
Thanks,
kent