Repartition swap?

Hi,

Is there a way to repartition the swap space?  I think I don't need that
much swap, and want to squeeze out some extra partition for filesystem.
The whole filesystem is on an extended partition (the primary partition
is a DOS system) and I did not create logical drives of it, so the whole
HD looks like hda1, hda2 (hda5=filesystem & hda6=swap).  I don't know if
I can do it from DOS, since fdisk will not tell hda5 from hda6).  I
don't know if I can do it from Linux, since after I delete hda6, and
recreate a partition, I cannot seem to create two partitions on the same
space.  Anyway, am I out of luck?

Best wishes,
Chip