apt-get/dpkg screwed up.

I get the following error message on my screen after I tried to removed ee
after the installation of ee failed:
$ apt-get -f remove ee
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  ee
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 201 not upgraded.
1 packages not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0b of archives. After unpacking 7b will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
(Reading database ... 30880 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing ee ...
dpkg (subprocess): unable to execute pre-removal script: Exec format error
dpkg: error processing ee (--remove):
 subprocess pre-removal script returned error exit status 2
dpkg (subprocess): unable to execute post-installation script: Exec format
errordpkg: error while cleaning up:
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
 ee
E: Sub-process returned an error code (1)
------------------------------------

At one stage I had to remove the man page of ee manually because it caused
any other call to man to fail.

How can I remove this broken package?  I have already tried to reinstall
it. It did not work.

Johann

| Johann Spies                                 Windsorlaan 19              |
| jhspies@futurenet.co.za                3201 Pietermaritzburg             |
| Tel/Faks Nr. +27 331-46-1310		       Suid-Afrika (South Africa)  |

     "But without faith it is impossible to please him; for
      he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and
      that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek
      him."       Hebrews 11:6