xterm/top horizontal scrollbar

I have Top loading in an Xterm window in Fvwm2.  I set Top to display
the command line instead of the command name and some of the command
lines are well off the right edge of the Xterm window.  I can resize the
window to view these command lines but I was hoping I could find an
option to Xterm to add a horizontal scrollbar.  I've looked at the man
pages for Top and Xterm and don't see anything like that.  I notice
Xconsole has such a scrollbar.  I was wondering if anyone knows how to
set up Xterm with such a scrollbar or is there another option that would
suit my wants better?
Thanks,
kent