Re: Pentium bug Q

shaleh@clifford.livenet.net wrote:

> > I have recently switched from SuSE Linux to Debian and installed 2.0.34.
> > When booting I noticed the following message:
> > Intel Pentium with F0 0F bug
> > Workaround enabled.
> > Does somebody know what bug this is and what workaround is implemented.
> > I have a rather old machine with an Intel Pentium 100 MHz, but I never
> > saw such a message before.
> > Thanks,
-------------------------------
Don't worry about it. The linux bug workaroud deals VERY effectively
with it. I have a dual pentium system with the same boot message. It has
been running Debian Linux for 3 years without ANY problem. HE! HE!
Windoze 98 will crap out after 49 days of continuous operation.
begin:vcard
n:Foster;John
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.advance-computing.com
org:AdVance-Computing Systems;WHQ
version:2.1
email;internet:jfoster@augustmail.com
title:Owner
note:We Build Multi-Processor Computers
adr;quoted-printable:;;Stonetrail Drive=0D=0ASuite  A;Plano;Texas;75023-7223;USA
x-mozilla-cpt:;22240
fn:John Foster
end:vcard