Make Netscape pick mails from /var/spool/mail ?

Hello:  An earlier thread on How to make Netscape Messenger pick up mail
from your /var/spool/mail was quite useful.  I have a Shell Account and I
download my mail using minicom.  I move the mail folder 'ragu' to my local
/var/spool/mail dir.  I fire up X and make Messenger pick up mail from the
spool.  It worked fine and now when I click on `Get New Mail', Messenger
in toto, quits.  What is happening here ??  I do not get any error while
Has this something to do with the abrupt quitting of Messenger ?

ragOO, VU2RGU.
--
Keeping the Air-Waves  FREE.....Amateur Radio
Keeping the W W W      FREE..Debian GNU/Linux