Re: DNS--> h2n program

Ian Setford wrote:
> I have been reading the O'Reilly DNS/Bind book and it mentions a
> program/utility (h2n) to convert a hosts file to the db.* files needed for
> DNS. I searched the debian packages in both stable/unstable and couldn't
> find any mention of it.  Anyone know where I can find this program or one
> like it?

Since you have the book (3rd edition I presume), see page xv or
go directly to
ftp://ftp.ora.com/published/oreilly/nutshell/dnsbind/ and get
the file dns.3ed.tar.Z

h2n is in the .tar.Z file and it even has a manual page.
I have not used it myself though, so I do not know how well it
works.

> TIA.

No problem.

> -Ian

// Heikki
--
Heikki Vatiainen                  * hessu@cs.tut.fi
Tampere University of Technology  * Tampere, Finland