Re: APT: packages held back

sjb@hq.home wrote:

> > This showed numerous packages as being 'kept back':
>
> Packages are held back when you choose Hold in dselect. When there are
> dependancy/conflict errors apt tells you.

So, does this mean I'll have to go into dselect and see if these
packages are placed on hold? I wonder how this happens, cos for sure I
never did this myself, and I can't remember ever having had serious
problems with dpkg etc. which might have automagically marked these
packages as on hold.

Maarten

--

Maarten Boekhold, boekhold@tibco.com