Re: X, new video card, and servers.

On Sun, 7 Mar 1999, Gregory T. Norris wrote:

Thanks very much.  I was actually kind of hoping for an RTFM answer too so
that I could find this stuff out in the future without posting
questions to the list that I could probably find out by reading some
manual. the XFree howto doesn't have specific info on 3.3.2 vs 3.3.3,
and I find the xfree86.org site difficult to navigate.

the /etc/X11/Xserver tip is exactly what I needed, thanks a million!

I've banged my head on alien"ing" RPMs before, do Xservers typically alien
well?

When you say that it's a 3.3.3.1 server, I assume this means it won't work
with 3.3.2, and I've heard that compiling xfree is a pain (though haven't
tried it).  Is there an experimental version somewhere (I've looked in
/debian/project/experimental -- is there another repository of
experimental packages?)

Thanks again for your help.

-Dano