Re: file creation dates and SAMBA

On Fri, Mar 05, 1999 at 08:37:04PM +0200, Pezo wrote:
> Another problem with alpha-Linux, when I create a file from other Linux
> macihe through NFS, the files on alpha are owned by nobody.nogroup. This
> is a 'feature' of alpha-macine I think, but is there a way to get round
> this?
>
> Juha

I might be able to help you here (I just set up NFS on my system).  If
your files are owned by nobody.nogroup, it probably means you copied
them as root...  NFS on Linux defaults to root_squash on exported
filesystems.  Either use another account to copy, or export with the
no_root_squash option.

If I'm wrong on this, just ignore it ;)

Mike

--