Howto install Debian 2.0/2.1 on my Laptop

I have problems installing Debian GNU/Linux 2.0 or 2.1on my IBM Thinkpad
600
its a PII300mhz , 64mbram, Neomagic 128XD 5.1GB IDE.
I booted up with hamm resc1440.bin and it starts booting.
After the Loading Linux....... the machine hangs.. it justs stands
there.. with the loading linux..... on the screen. I tried to press
enter but nothing happens, Ctrl + Alt + Delete works either.. have to
shut the power down.
Have tried with tecra,safe disks.. all are same.
Autobooted from hamm cd also but no success.
Redhat 5.2 works fine. but i want Debian ;)

Please help.. i really want to wipe out windows from this laptop and go
into the lovely world of Linux.

Mats Mattila
mats.mattila@eskilstuna.c3l.com