Print command

Could anyone tell a newbie the command to print a text file or a man page item, like a file named "vi.1.gz" on a dot matrix printer? I have installed the 'base' system from D/Led floppies (used the 'rescue' disk and installed the drivers disk and the five 'base' disks). During the install, I did install the 'lp' module for the parallel ports. At this point, the 'man' program  is either not available or not on the disk. I have been reading some of the man pages using zmore but I don't know how to print or do very much else. I don't have any docs except for what was installed. I'm having a very rough time trying learn how to do things in Debian, I'm good in DOS and Win95 but just beginning to learn Linux.

Apparently I have a lot to read and learn before I can get my install to the point I can log onto the web and upgrade to a full system. The few commands I can use I have learned by reading this ng.

So far Debian seems to be a great OS with a lot more power than anything I've used in the past, including OS/2 Warp. But the docs are difficult to find and read for a newbie that doesn't have any Unix experience. You could say that Debian is my Unix experience.  Is there a list of basic commands for navigation and operations available on the web? The "Howto" pages are great for an in depth explanation of lilo and fips but get a little bit tedious when all I want to do is look at the current fstab or ppp.conf or list a dir.

Also, using the 'ls' command, man6 dir doesn't exist and man7 is empty. Is this normal?

A Debian geek wannabe is anxious to learn.

Thank you.