Error 0011

I'm using an IBM Thinkpad 560 for my first install of Linux. I get no errors
during install, but during my first reboot (and all subsequent ones) I get
error 0011. The text says something about RAM address conflict at 000D424. I
can't remember exactly, but can find out if it will be helpful. I've deleted
all dos partitions at this point and have reinstalled twice just to be sure
I did it right. Does anyone have advice for a first time user who's at a
stopping point?

Ben Oshman
Professional Services Consultant
boshman@poms.com