Re: crc error ( install )

I was curious about the problem that you people were having with crc
errors. I recently recompiled my linux kernel on a machine that has been
running the same kernel for about 4 months now. I have recompiled it
several time without any trouble. But the last time I recompiled the
kernel it gave me the same exact crc error message when it tried to
uncompress the kernel. Before this error I was booting my machine off the
harddrive now it only lets me boot off a floppy that I created. Do you
think that my hard drive is going or maybe my kernel source is corrupt. I
tried to recompile three times and everytime I would get the same
message. I just thought you might have an answer for me, or something.

Thanks,
Keith
nfn11988@naples.net

You only get one chance at life, but if you do it right, you only need one.

			http://www.naples.net/~nfn11988