Re: PINE Debian Package

>> Hello to the list
>>
>> I must stand by the Pine package maintainer on this issue.  The
>> maintainer should not be expected to put himself in a bad legal position
>> for anyone just so they can have a convenient installation package.
>>
>> Not being a package maintainer, I have not read the Policy manual in
>> detail but it upholds a legal and moral standard that is lacking in most
>> commercial companies today.  I would also like to see the Debian
>> distribution install almost hands off like other lesser systems, but I
>> would rather see the organization maintain the high standards that
>> caused me to select Debian Linux over other Linux
>> distributions/operating systems.
>>
>> Debian will never be for the plug and pray crowd since there is no
>> support hot line for them to call on when things don't work.  That is
>> what keeps the badly flawed commercial PC operating system in demand.

 MEEP! I just saw an artricle about Linux in a Finnish computer news paper
 (a monthly magazine called MicroPc) that stated more than clearly that you
 can not buy support for Linux. I am more than willing to prove this false...
 Anybody around here, I'm going to put a page up about people / companies
 doing support etc works around L. Also a nice little letter to the makers of
 that artcile is onways.

 You can pay yourself sick if you want to. With Linux you can stay working,

>> The maintainers should be highly praised for providing us with the high
>> quality operating system and selection of applications that we can enjoy
>> using at no more cost than learning something about them so we can
>> install the software.  Without them and their volunteer efforts we would
>> be rebooting quite often like all the other PC users out there.  I have
>> found the effort of getting my Debian system working proper has been
>> less than just getting the popular one to stay up for a short time.

  I haven't rebooted my 'puter in laast 6 months exept kernel-updates.
  I could even kiss one of them for the stuff they've provided us wit.,