RE: 440LX Support

> On Sat, Apr 25, 1998 at 07:55:18AM -0500, Walter L. Preuninger II wrote:
> > My new computer has the 440LX chipset, and it seems that there
> > are alot of pci devices that are unknown to Debian 1.3.1 and 1.3.1.r6
> > I can begin to load linux by booting the CD, and everything
> > works fine, even the hdd probe gives the correct information.
> > After rebooting, the hdd probe returns a (status=0xd0)
> > The pci device 8086:7111 appears to be the IDE controller.
> > Where can I pick up some boot disks that support this chipset?

> It does the same with most PCI systems..  Just use the normal
> boot disks and install a kernel-source and kernel package, then build your
own
> kernel-image and install that.  You'll be much happier.

That is a problem. After completing the first step of the install, the part
of
booting the CD and setting up the system, it wants to reboot to install the
other
packages. It is during this boot that hdd is not detected, and therefore I
can not
install any packages. I have also noticed that irq 15 does not appear in the
/proc/interrupts file.

I guess I could move the cd to the primary ide interface, but I'm lazy.