Re: Cleaning my /usr/lost+found

stick@richnet.net writes:

> Well it's just gone from a weird, bothersome pain to a real problem.
> I was upgrading some packages when I got some familiar error messages about
> some file operations - "operation not allowed" or whatever...
>
> Anyway, upon closer inspection I know have this:
> pr---w-rwt   1 12029    4626            0 Nov 11  1926 /usr/include/lct/unicode.h
> sr----S--t   1 55203    15990    1947437670 Dec 17  1909 /usr/lib/picon/usenix/com/hp/hpda/aca
>
> So someone ***PLEASE*** tell me how I can force these files to go away.

To get rid of the errors I got, I booted from the rescue disk and used
debugfs to manually "rm" the directory entries, then ran fsck again to
clean up the resulting mess.  If you don't have the backups that would
let you reformat and restore, you should start making them or you'll
regret it as much as I did when my drive went belly-up a year ago.
(Great Christmas present, that.)

Note that each of the bad files in lost+found is one (possibly
essential) one that has disappeared from where it was supposed to be.

  Microsoft is the answer!  The question is, "Why did my PC crash?"