Re: Unpacking Mac HQX files in GNU/Linux

On Mon, Dec 14, 1998 at 09:46:43AM +0000, David Stern wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 15:17:17 GMT, Stefan Baums wrote:

> > OK, so I download this true type font pack which turns out to be
> > Mac compressed. The filename is
> >
> > STEDTpack50.sea.Hqx
> >
> > Does anyone know how to get at its contents under GNU/Linux?

> ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/stable/main/binary-i386/otherosfs/macu
> tils_2.0b3-6.deb

Sorry, I could have thought of checking otherosfs myself...

Anyway, I got macutils, did

	hexbin STEDTpack50.sea.Hqx

and then

	macunpack STEDTpack50.sea.bin

and ended up with a directory containing Read_Me_v5.0.bin,
STEDT.bin, and STEDT_Font_5.0_Reference.bin. My guess is that
STEDT.bin is the font file. So I tried all the converters in macutils
on that file, but I couldn't get the .ttf's out of it. Since I have no clue
how Macs work, I'm at a loss what to do now. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,
Stefan