Re: [fsck]: file system errors ...

Hello.

,- Nuno Carvalho wrote.

>>> Nino,
>>
>> Nuno, you meant. :-)
>>
>>> Are you actually shutting down with "shutdown -h now" and waiting for
>>> the System Halted message, or are you just killing power?
>>
>> Yes I'm doing "shutdown -h now" and waiting until "System Halted". I
>>still have no idea about what reason ... could it be a problem from fsck!?

 I have had such a problem. My problem has been caused by glibc2 bug.
This bug is fixed glibc-2.0.7u, and glibc-2.0.7t have such bug. Hamm
is using glibc-2.0.7t, so Hamm causes such a problem.

Your problem may be caused by this bug. Please excute below command to
check the existence of this bug.
$ fuser /etc/ld.so.cache

If no output is given, the glibc do not have such a bug.
If output is given, your glibc *have* such a bug and fsck detect errors.

# In Japan, this problem was found in 20/Sep/1998. And we found a bug
# report http://www-gnats.gnu.org:8080/cgi-bin/wwwgnats.pl/full/759.
# Then, it was fixed.

Thank you.

  . .  / >-  E-mail:chika@i.kyushu-u.ac.jp  -< \ . .  .
.  .  / |\         Minoru   Chikamune        /| \  . . \
 .  . \_\/    ***  Debian GNU/Linux  ***     \/_/ . . .  (snow)