Re: hmm, so I can't even upgrade the rest of my system with tex having a problem...

On: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 07:58:51 -0400 (EDT) Darxus  writes:

> root@darxus:~$ apt-get upgrade
> Updating package status cache...done
> Checking system integrity...ok
> The following packages will be REMOVED:
>   tetex-bin
> The following packages have been kept back
>   xscreensaver-gl siag
> 22 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
> 2 packages not fully installed or removed.
> Need to get 0b/4368k of archives. After unpacking 7288k will be freed.
> Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
> dpkg: error processing tetex-bin (--remove):
>  Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should
>  reinstall it before attempting a removal.
>  tetex-bin
> E: Sub-process returned an error code
>
> Is there any way I can get it to skip tex ?

Set the package tetex-bin on hold (I always use dselect for it).
Recently, I had to hold all the tetex packages because of a nasty bug
in the new tetex-bin regarding texmf.cnf which made running texconfig
impossible.

After doing it restart "apt-get upgrade" and the rest should work
fine.

The "dpkg --configure --pending" might be useful too in some
situations.

	Torsten