Boot-up problem

Debian Users:

                     Without boring you with the details,  I have a new
mother-board,

                       a  ASUS SP97-V

                       Now when I boot-up, Debian hangs for about 5
minutes looking
                       for ports for NCR 53c406a  -- a scsi controller.
I don't have any
                       scsi controllers or scsi devices.

                       How do I stop Debian from making this search??  I
boot from floppy.

                                                  Thanks for any help,

                                                        Douglas Potter
                                                         Columbia, SC