Re: Linux question, not specifically debian

"David B. Teague" <teague@WCUVAX1.WCU.EDU> writes:
| Hi All:
|
| With VMS VAXen the virtual memory architecture is paging,
| with executables for a process always loaded at 0x200.
|
| I understand that Linux is also paged. Does Linux start
| executables at any particular virtual address? What does
| Linux do in this regard?
|
| The answer may have something to do with Linux's idea of
| process vs VMS's idea of a process.
|
| I realize I should go read the kernel source, but I
| hope someone can tell me off the top of the head. Or
| point me to a document or book somewhere.

Someone in debian-user might very well know this, but you've got a
better chance of getting an answer to this question on the kernel
mailing list. Just send email to majordomo@vger.rutgers.edu with the
single line in the message body

subscribe linux-kernel <your email address>

Good Luck!
Gary