Re: CD-rom and Zip-drive

On Fri, Jun 05, 1998 at 07:49:17PM +0200, Marc van der Vossen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with my secondary IDE channel. I have a CD-rom as slave ans
> a Zip-drive as Master on that controller. When I insert my Debian-CD,
> install goes OK. Then, after reboot, dselect starts and I say; load from
> CD-rom. That's the place it does not work. I tried installing a mitsumi
> driver with the following settingns,
> mcd=0x376,15
> Is this correct ?
> I tried setting CD as Master and Zip as slave, but the system does not run
> and I can't even get the dos driver, nor the win95 driver to work.

I have the same configuration. It worked fine until I upgraded to a TX
motherboard. After that Linux would not recognize my cdrom drive. I finally
got it workin with the cdrom as slave to the zip, and added this line to
my /tec/lilo.conf:

	append="hdc=cdrom"

It gives me a warning or two at bootup, but every thing works fine.

--
  Mike Schmitz     mschmitz@bend-or.com    http://www.bend-or.com/~mschmitz
  Don't blame me - I voted libertarian!    http://www.lp.org/