Re: INSTALLATION REPORT

     Hi,

     The "hosts" command is in the dnsutils package, which you must
not have installed.  However, if you were able to contact
ftp.debian.org earlier with the same ISP, it's unlikely to be a
reverse-dns-lookup problem.  Trying to contact the mirror at
llug.sep.bnl.gov would be a good test - if you can reach it, I suspect
you do have a fevers-dns-lookup problem, if you can't it is something
else with your ppp setup.

> When I try >qftp ftp.debian.org I get message: Host lookup error.

     This sounds link a possible bind problem.  Do you have your ISP's
nameservers set up properly in /etc/resolv.conf?  If you're not sure,
check /usr/doc/ppp/README.linux.gz for information about
/etc/resolv.conf.

Bob
--
   _