Re: Hardware

On 2 Jun 98 18:15:05 GMT, (Timo Pettersson) wrote:

>Hi I sent a mail 6 mounth ago asking if Debian Linux suported my Riva128
>chip in 3D and it didn't. Is it doing it now?

As far as I know, the 3dfx is still the only supported 3D card.  So
no, Riva128 won't do 3D under Linux.  You can now get an accelerated
server for the Riva chip though, if that's news to you.

>This Enlightment whitch make it look so nice is it free and whre can I get
>it?

If you can wait for a few weeks, someone is preparing a Debian package
of the latest release.  If you want to do it yourself, head over to
the Enlightenment site (www.enlightment.org?)

Rob Wilderspin
--
"But I need it to crash once every few days -
reboots are the only chance I get to sleep..."