Re: ISDN modem problems

>>>>> "Jens" == Jens B Jorgensen <jjorgens@bdsinc.com> writes:

Jens> I use a Zyxel OMNI TA 128U (almost the exact same beast) with a single 64K
Jens> channel. It has no problems. My server machine is a P90 overclocked to 100 with
Jens> 40MB of memory. Perhaps you're getting buffer overruns on your serial port. What
Jens> baud rate are you running your serial  port at?

I am using 115200 in my pppd options file, and use setserial with the
spd_vhi flag on the device. And I am only using a single channel.

I have made some progress though. I was using an extra serial port I had
installed. Though there should be no IRQ conflicts, removing that
board and using the builtin one (COM2) made the whole thing run much
better.

However, I am still not able to get the ISDN line up when X11 is
running (due to massive ppp frame fcs problems).

I am suspecting that I am experiencing IRQ priority problems (could be
that X increased the latency of some higher priority IRQ), but having
spent a couple of hours with my nose in Serial-programming HOWTO did
not help much. Irqtune did not seem to make any difference to that
problem.

Is my PC just too slow?

Christian Lynbech          | Telebit Communications A/S
Fax:   +45 8628 8186       | Fabrik 11, DK-8260 Viby J
Phone: +45 8628 8177 + 28  | email: chl@tbit.dk --- URL: http://www.telebit.dk