Re: your mail

On Thu, Apr 09, 1998 at 08:20:31AM +0800, Lindsay Allen wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Apr 1998, Valerie CAYOL wrote:
> > 1- in the section of the configuration called Configure device driver I was
> > not able to find the internet card I am using.
> > This card is compatible Ne 2000, at irq = 11 and io = \0xFF80. But
> I have used a lot of ne cards but have yet to see one with io=ff80.
Sounds like a PCI NE2000 clone. In this case you need a recent 2.0 kernel,
don't know if the debian 2.0.29 will do it, but 2.0.32 surely will, and you
need not to enter any io or irq values contrary to what the module
description says. NE2000 behave well on PCI.

Nils

| Quotes from the net:  L> Linus Torvalds, W> Winfried Truemper               |
| L>this is the special easter release of linux, more mundanely called 1.3.84 |
| W>Umh, oh. What do you mean by "special easter release"?. Will it quit      |
* W>working today and rise on easter?                                         *