Re: Emacs 19.34

hermit@BayView.COM (William R. Ward) writes:

> I am using the "emacs" package (19.34) and am finding that
> increasingly there are more and more packages (e.g. pcl-cvs) that
> depend on either "emacs19 or emacs20" and for some reason the
> "emacs" package doesn't provide "emacs19" as I would expect it
> should.

The Debian packages of all the Emacsen are currently reorganized.
There is a base package called emacsen-common (where each of the Emacs
depends on) and all of them (GNU Emacs or XEmacs) provides emacsen.

The (new) lisp packages all depends on emacsen and are byte compiled
for each installed emacs flavour while installing that package.  I
already converted one of my private packages and it seems to work
fine.

You can find more information in the emacsen-common package.

        Torsetn