EXT2 fs questions

Lately I was forced into single user mode while booting because e2fsck had
discovered some problems with the HD.
I was able to pass that after e2fsck -c. However, althought the fs is now
states itself as clean, running e2fsck -f still shows some errors (problems ?).
1) Could it be that this is happening becuase it is an IDE disk which is
suposed to "repair" badblocks by itself ?
2) Should I do something about these errors ?
3) I was trying to run badblocks, but failed. Probably becuase I didn't
supplied badblocks all the parameters it required, such as the block size. How
can I get this information ?