Re: Modem Help Wanted....

On Mon, 6 Apr 1998, Brandon wrote:

: Can someone tell me howto use my and configure my 56k modem under linux??
: its a Zoom 56k flex....thanx in advance!!!

Hmm ... this sounds suspiciously like a WinModem.  Can it be configured
in DOS or NT?  If it only works under Windows 95, you're probably SOL
... Winmodems don't really have on board UARTS; they depend on the
processor to do that work.

Looking at the Zoom web page, they say that their modem is Win NT
compatible if you change a jumper.  If you have one of those, change the
jumper and see what happens.

(Some more details would be helpful:  internal/external, PnP/jumpers,
what serial port have you configured it to be on, etc.)

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD  57104