Re: Debianized Netscape for Debian 1.3.1 ?

On Mon, 6 Apr 1998, Tim Sailer wrote:

> Adam Heath wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, 5 Apr 1998, shaul wrote:
> >
> > > Is there any Debianized Netscape for Debian 1.3.1 except for the probably
> > > obsolete (and also problematic) Netscape 3.01 (Navigator) ?
> >
> > Yes, I am still working on it.  The new version of communicator4.05, and
> > netscape4.05, allow for redistribution.  They won't work on hamm, as they are
> > compiled for libc6.  There is nothing I can do to change that.  Also, they
>
> Strange.. I thought hamm was libc6...

Yes, you are correct.  I meant to say that they won't work on 'bo.'

On a related note, the navigator tarball and communicator tarball, are almost
identical.  Initial inspecation leads me to believe that there will be one
-java pkg, and both navigator and communicator will depend on that.

Adam