problems with vnc

Hi,

I wanted to make my Linux-X-stuff available on a Win95 machine,
the two computers being connected via null modem. I thought vnc
might be the appropriate software, so I tried to set up my linux
box as a vnc server. This was not possible couldn't as the vnc
server didn't find any free sockets (I don't remember exactly what
the error message was, but something like "you might have already
an x session running"?!).

Now I noticed that there seems to be a vnc package in hamm?! Is
it possible to use it in bo? Has anybody used vnc under Debian 1.3
and encountered similar problems?

Thanks a lot for your help, harald