Re: [off topic] Re: ghostscript problem

On Mon, 6 Oct 1997, Lucas wrote:

> At 10:41 PM 06-10-97 +0200, joost witteveen wrote:
>

> >...... but that's hamm only.
> >
> Please enlighten me as to the meaning of "hamm" ?

The current project leader of Debian,  Bruce Perens,  works for Pixar,
the computer company that made the "Toy Story" movie in the US.  I think
it was marketed by Disney,  which means it's probably available ALL OVER
the world.

	Anyway,  it's been a debian inside joke now for a while to name
upcoming releases with codenames taken from the "Toy Story" movie.  I
think Debian 1.2 was "rex",  1.3 was "bo" and now the Debian 2.0
development tree is code-named "hamm".

	It's lead to some confusion because some people use the "hamm"
links,  some use "unstable",  and some use "2.0".  They're all the same.

                     					Will

			        harpo@udel.edu
			       lowe@cis.udel.edu
			http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/