Re: 2.1.36 kernel?

I installed 2.1.36 yesterday and got the same message at
boot time. ( changing owner of /dev/tty1, 2 ) I could however
still log in.

On a second machine, which is running 2.1.2, I tried to
install 2.1.36. I came up OK but I got pppd errors and
masquerading didn't seem to want to work. So I put it
back to 2.1.2.

Should the same /etc/init.d/network and ppp_options.out
and /etc/ppp/options work between versions ?

Peter

----------
> From: Hamish Moffatt <moffatt@yallara.cs.rmit.edu.au>
> To: Debian Users List <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
> Subject: 2.1.36 kernel?
> Date: Friday, April 25, 1997 11:59 PM
>
> I finally got 2.1.36 compiled and running, including modules
> (still using modules 2.1.23 though, because 2.1.34's depmod
> doesn't seem to work). Now I can't login; it says error
> changing owner of /dev/tty1, 2 etc to whoever logged in.
> telnetting in works though. Back to 2.1.29 ..
> I have the latest things from bo. Anyone else had this problem?
>

> hamish
> --
> Hamish Moffatt, StudIEAust
moffatt@yallara.cs.rmit.edu.au
> Student, computer science & computer systems engineering.    3rd year,
RMIT.