Re: Eth0

>I am trying to get my local lan going and cannot seem to figure out how
>to make the kernal see the ethernet card. I am using a 3com 3509 and I
>know that the driver is there.  When I use ifconfig I run into problems
>such as "SIOCSIFADDR: no such device".

Are you loading this driver as a module?

What error messages (if any) are displayed when you run "dmesg"?

If you have all configs setup properly, then it might be an IRQ or I/O
conflict, but you haven't provided enough info... yet.

Give us what dmesg outputs and we'll go from there.

Later,
Kevin Traas