Posting to usenet

I'm having trouble figuring out how to properly configure my system to
allow the sending of usenet messages. After playing with various packages
and the instructions in various HOWTOs and man pages, I got to the point
where I could read fine, but any attempt to post resulted in something
along the lines of "Can't get message id, no such file or directory".
I decided to remove all the news-related stuff from my system and started
over by installing the leafnode, inewsinn, and trn packages (is that
sufficient?); the message I get now is "Can't get host name, No such file
or directory.".

It sounds like I'm missing some configuration files somewhere... anybody
know what they might be?