Re: [DEBIAN] Hey! Problems with understanding Linux...

From: "OS2&LinuxGuide" <Sniffen@impulsedata.com>
> Could we have every  Debian list message's subject include
> the "[DEBIAN]" tag?

No :-) Please look into procmail and mailagent, both of which are Debian
packages.

> 1. I am having problems with my ppp dialer. I have it call through to my ISP's server, it makes the usual noises,
> and then goes quit and disconnects. I think this is because of my ISP's need for me to use PAP
> authentication. God I hate that. Well, my question is how would I go by setting up PAP on my Debian system.
> I have looked at every amount of info on the net I could find, and even printed alot of it. Nothing helped.
> I also want the solution to be automatic, something I can put in the options file or ppp-chatscript file. (As
> compared with the command line way)

I think your PAP stuff goes in /etc/ppp/options.ttyS0 (change "S0" to your
interface name for your modem), and /etc/ppp/pap-secrets. I e-mailed you the
pppd man page.

	Bruce
--
Can you get your operating system fixed when you need it?
Linux - the supportable operating system. http://www.debian.org/support.html