Re: DHCP Server

 >> Win95 provides no "authentication" by itself.  It needs to belong to an
NT
>> Domain or NDS for this.  So, without third party support, you're out of
>> luck.
>
>Not so. Win95 provides "share level" authentication of any local
>filesystems you share. That qualifies as authentication.

However.

Without a network server to authenticate you (i.e. "user level"
authentication), you can just bypass the login screen by hitting Esc.  Once
Windows is loaded up, you can still access the "whole" network and even
shares on other Win95 computers - no authentication there at all.  (Of
course, there *is* a level of security - *if* you password protect the
shares.....)

Windows sucks!  Long live Linux!!!!!

Unfortunately, my employer - and most of the rest of the "commercial"
world - doesn't feel the same way.... <grin>....  I still spend much more
time administrating Win95/WinNT every day than I do Linux.... :-(

Anyway, let's get back to discussing a real OS, eh?

later,

Kevin Traas   Baan Business Systems
Systems Analyst  Langley, BC, Canada
Kevin@Baan-BBS.CA  (604) 882-8169