Re: reading mail locally

Hi.  I don't know that much about delivery, but you might want to check out
if your remote server supports a post-office-protocol (like POP3?).  I use
this to download my mail to hnine@home.com from my remote mail server
(mail.strhg1.mi.home.com), specifically I use the "fetchmail" package to
do this.  The remote server collects the mail there, then, whenever my
machine is up, I run fetchmail and the mail is transferred directly to
my local machine (I also have a "cron" job that runs fetchmail every 4
hours).  Sounds like its just what you're looking for.

HTH

-- Harmon