Re: Sony StorStation (Ditto 2Gb)

On Tue, 26 Aug 1997, Ralph Winslow wrote:

> I've just procured the above tape drive and installed it on my parallel
> port.  I also rebuilt my kernel to support tape (I think).  Now what?
> What package can I use to back up my system?  TIA

That drive is not (yet, at least) supported by Linux.  It uses a
proprietary protocol which Iomega has not released.  I think there has
been some progress in obtaining the specs, so wait and see.  Or you might
want to consider exchanging it for one of the supported drives (see the
Ftape-HOWTO).

Bob

----
                            http://www.primenet.com/~nielsen