Re: Weird network problem

From: The Gardyan of Greyskull <edgardo.nazario-perez@yale.edu>
> I can connect to FTP servers but I can't "get", "dir" or "ls", although I
> can "cd".
> I also just noticed that I cannot receive e-mail from any outside account,
> although I can receive e-mail from an account inside prognet.com (my
> domain)

Probably outside hosts have no route to you. Prognet.com may have to install
a route for you, or you may have to use their proxy for FTP and their mail
forwarder to get your mail through their firewall.

Try "traceroute" to your system from outside, and see how far it gets.

	Bruce
--
Can you get your operating system fixed when you need it?
Linux - the supportable operating system. http://www.debian.org/support.html